Driver/Mover Job Description:
Responsibility and Duties
Driver/Mover Requirements and Skills
- Safely operate a 26ft moving truck and monitor all functions for local and long-distance move services. This includes, residential, commercial and specialty moving services.
- Complete Pre-Trip inspections to ensure the trucks safety and your crew is equipped with tools and equipment needed
- Handle service agreements, work orders, calculate correct payment amounts, collect payment from customers at the end of each service.
- Strategically load and secure items to be moved properly in the moving truck to ensure safe transport of the load, tools, equipment, and crew members
- Be a lead to your team, communicate effectively and professionally with customers and team members to promote smooth move processes, systems, and work environments!
- Safely Packing, Loading, Unloading Household and Commercial items on and off our trucks with care and efficiency using proper moving equipment and technique
- Ensure that no items are damaged while moving, loading, or unloading items
- Wrapping furniture in protective material or equipment
- Basic assembly or disassembly of household furniture
- Working with a team or crew of movers and drivers and promote a positive work environment with excellent customer service!
- Though no previous experience is required it is a plus!
- Be willing to work with a team, be trained by our top moving professionals, drivers, and team members.
- Punctual, responsible, professional attitude with customers and team members
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is preferred but not required.
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record (No major driving violations in the last 3 years, and no more than 2 minor violations in the last 3 years)
- A Chauffeur's License and a DOT physical will be required, if you do not have one you must have the ability to obtain one. We will assist with this process!
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Mover